Close But No Cigar

Day 22:
     It's been a while since my last entry but i was really hoping a would have better news to write about. It's currently 11pm on Sunday and I just got home from work ...where I'm only a breath away from the promotion that will put me on top of my career. I had hoped that Miko and I had suffered through our last meal of spoiled fried fish and we would be buying a stove and fridge today but instead, I get to hand over $14,000 to the mob tomorrow with absolutely nothing to show for it. I'm so depressed and discouraged and Miko was so excited about not eating fish anymore. Just one more week and I promise, you'll never have to taste fish again for the rest of your life.

Cooking Grilled Fish for the 100th Time.

     On a happier note, Miko got promoted and is now a Novelist. She's well on her way but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. I've been mentoring her in writing and it's helping her skill up faster but it's impossible to go to work and be inspired in this place. It's holding her back but she'll push through. She has to. 

Schooling Miko on Proper Apocalyptic Puntuation

     We were able to build above ground and now have much more room to expand. Two more floors and a roof (which is just begging for a rocket, I think). They're empty for now but if all goes according to plan, they won't be for long. Miko and I are almost adults. My birthday is three days away and hers is four so the clock is ticking for the next generation. There is still so much left to do and time is not on our side. I'm torn somewhere between hopeful optimism and spiraling despair. Truth be told, I'm really starting to hate this damn apocalypse.

Our New and Improved Living Conditions.


Comments